Friday, May 6, 2016

Croom WMA

As quick as I got my Bridgestone Trailwings replaced with some good block knobbies (Shinko E-804/805), I hit the trails to give them a look. I decided to ride the Croom Wildlife Management Area (not to be confused with the Croom Motorcycle Area) in the Withlacooche State Forest just east of Brooksville, Florida. I've always found the Croom WMA forest roads to be a little more dependable (as in open and passable) than other forests that flood alot. Therefore, I felt more confident heading out in the forest alone.


The Croom WMA is about 20K acres of mostly unimproved forest road and hiking trail. The four-wheel-drive community seem to like this forest, which is fine with me because they pack down the sugar sand on that comprises the forest roads...plus...we had a rain the day before that helps pack the surfaces.



I was sporting my Sedici Veneto Tail Bag which I'd done a review on earlier in this blog.



Even though we had rain the day before, there wasn't a lot of water out on the forest roads. That will change as we enter into the wet season after this month and through about September.




I'm not sure how many miles of trails are in this forest, but its certainly not one of the biggest. You can knock it out pretty well in about three hours. Here's a link to a Map of the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment