Monday, May 16, 2016

DR650 Mudflap Mod

I'm laid up with a knee injury and to give you an idea of how bored I am, I did the DR650 Mudflap Mod today.

The mudflap in question is in two pieces directly in front of the rear tire. One of the pieces is connected to the swing arm and the other is connected above to the sub-frame. The problem warranting a mod is that there's a gap between the two pieces that allows mud and other crapola to fling into the spring area and rear of the engine. It's exasperated as the swing arm pivots up and down but there's a gap there at all times.



The mod is simply to attach a a plastic extension to the swing arm component of the mudflap. I've read people cutting up various things...plastic garbage cans, dust pans, etc...I cut up an old CD-Rom case I had laying around.


Here's my version of the extension. Sort of a Franken-Mudflap considering all the bolts, but that's the only way I could get the extension to contour with the curvature of the base.


Here are some photos of the installed extension.



Well, that took all of 20 minutes. Now what the heck am I going to do? Better heal up soon because it's primo riding right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment