Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Lifting the DR650 after a Fall

Upon return from the 2022 Polar Bear Adventure and Dual Sport Rally last week, I came across some discussion on the Group Sites about how easy or difficult it was to lift the DR650 after a fall. Oddly enough, I had one fall at the Polar Bear in a deep, rutted sand track ... and I picked it right up.

So, my answer is that the DR650 isn't that difficult to lift back to life after a fall, but we can certainly make it harder on ourselves than it needs to be by loading it up with all kinds of heavy things that will make the job difficult. 

Following is a video (14:26) on my thoughts on managing the weight of the DR650 in anticipation of having to lift it up ...

... and, to prove that I can lift my DR650, video of me picking it up at the Rally.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment