Saturday, January 1, 2022

2022 Devils Creek Dual Sport Rally

Registration for the 25th Anniversary Devils Creek Dual Sport Rally opened at 0900 this morning, January 1, 2022. The 175 slots sold out in under half an hour, $200 per rider. I got my registration in, although not because I was expecting it to sell out so quickly; rather, I was just sitting at my computer this morning with nothing better to do. 

I've been riding this event for years and, while registration does close out early relative to other events, never under thirty minutes. Honestly though, if I had missed the registration, I wouldn't be crying about it. This event is literally in my back yard, on public roads, forest roads and tracks I've been riding for years 'n years and I'm not exactly sure why I think I needed to pay $200 to ride there, although a tee-shirt and some meals are included. 



This year, Devil's Creek is the first event on the BETA/AMA-Sanctioned Dual Sport Series Calendar. Devils Creek has been included in the AMA Dual Sport Series one previous year; 2019. Although Adventure Tracks are provided, Devils Creek is not included in the 2022 AMA Adventure Riding Series
 
The event is based at the Sertoma Youth Camp/Ranch in Brooksville, Florida, which is about 30 miles from my home. Even that close, I will definitely be camping for this event, 'cuz I enjoy camping. Whether that'll be Sertoma or one of the much nicer State Parks in the area is yet to be determined. 

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment