Thursday, June 15, 2017

Suzuki DR650

Why do you own a DR650?


Here's my answer broken down by area:

Size: In my old age I've become uninterested in the smaller dual sports. I've also become uninterested in the larger adventure class bikes. Been there as to both...done that as to both. I also currently have a KLR650...the DR650 is a step down in size and weight. It's a nice fit for me.

Price: I didn't want to spend a fortune on something I planned to beat the snot out of. When buying a dually in Florida, you're gonna need different tires, of course. Naturally, you're going to need some accessories. I didn't want to buy a bike that needs too much stuff. Currently running D606 tires. I purchased a tail rack and a bash plate. My son gave me a fat bar pipe...didn't really need it, but it is a nice bend on the DR.

Rallies: If you're a fast gravel/dirt/mud/sand rider and you like the rally circuit, you want a bike that is fast enough not to let you fall behind on the pavement between trails. All those inexperienced riders on their big-ass adventure-class bikes in your rally group will be moving up to the front of the group on the pavement between trails and then you're stuck behind these slow pokes when you get to the forest road.

No comments:

Post a Comment