Monday, July 11, 2016

Ocala Forest Loop

Back on May 8 I sustained an injury to my right knee in the form of an MCL, which stands for Medial Collateral Ligament Tear. It was not a painful injury at all, but it prevented me from bending my leg at the knee and, as a result, I've been unable to ride my motorcycles. Well, to be honest, I did ride them a little, like just around town with my right leg extended, just to keep the battery charged and the carb clean.

Normally, the MCL recovery is 4 to 6 weeks, but being an older guy, things take longer to mend. At the conclusion of 8 weeks, my son and I (and one of his friends) went out for an Adventure Ride. Nothing technical, just a few gravel roads here and there. We rode about 115 miles and my leg was pretty stiff. We bailed on the rest of the ride.

Today, 9 weeks into the injury, I headed out again and had a much, much better day. I'm not at 100% but I'm close. I rode 280 miles up to Ocala National Forest and back. I didn't ride on anything more technical than the sandy service roads up there. My leg did fine and I think in a week I'll definitely be 100%.


I have a lot of places that I want to explore up in ONF. Today wasn't the day, but it will be soon.

I had my SPOT GPS Messenger Tracking all day. Here's a look at the tracking map.


Pheew! Good to be back in the saddle. I can only spend so much time fishing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment